Call us for a free quote now on:
Do I have rats or mice in my commercial or residential property in Gold Coast? Below are some tips you can use to proper identify if your home is infested before calling the Xtra Mile team.
What to look for:
1. Visual sightings – The obvious sighting of a rat or mouse is often not the first sign you have a rodent problem.
2. Droppings – Have you noticed small droppings around your house, often near food sources or nesting sites. Mice droppings are around 3-4 mm and rat droppings are between 5-10mm and are dark in colour.
3. Noise in the roof – Rats love roof voids and wall cavities especially in winter because it offers them shelter and warmth. They also have no respect for your sleeping patterns and love to play in the early hours.
4. Signs of feeding and gnawing – Have you noticed food eaten on bench tops and in pantries and gnaw marks on electrical cables and other objects.
5. Repugnant Smell – Rats and Mice can leave a very strong odour once they become established.
Should we get rid of them?
Rats and Mice are recognised disease carriers, the thought of them frequenting your food preparation areas, utensils and eating your food is not a nice one.
Rats are gnawers, in this way they keep their teeth from getting to large. The downside is they provide a real threat to the safety of your home by targeting electrical and other cabling.
Once rats and mice get established and start breeding in your house and surrounds they are harder to get rid of. It is good practice to act when you first see the signs.
How can we help?
We provide a fully integrated rodent treatment. That means we don’t just provide an effective baiting system but we also offer good advice on what you can do to stop the problem from happening again. This includes a thorough inspection of your property and report.
We are trained to offer you the safest possible solution to your rodent problems. We provide a free follow up treatment for your peace of mind should there be any issues with the initial treatment . This is not often required but is part of our complete service.
As a fully qualified father and son team we offer that xtra service only a family business can offer.