HOW TO CONTROL COCKROACHES
Cockroaches – one of life’s smallest creatures that can harbour some of the biggest hygiene issues in around your home. They say if there was a nuclear bomb these guys would be one of the only things to survive – true?
Rest assured there are ways to get rid of them once they have inundated your home or office and even better ways we can recommend for you in today’s Blog to help keep them at bay in the first place.
WHAT ARE THE TELL TALE SIGNS THAT YOU HAVE COCKROACHES?
1. Visual sightings. If you see cockroaches during the day you have a problem.
2. Cockroach faeces can resemble coffee grounds and are visible if an infestation is present.
3. Cockroaches emit pheromones and some species can emit a musty or oily odour.
4. They like to reside in cracks and crevices and live near moist areas such as kitchens, laundries and bathrooms. They also live in appliances such as ovens, microwaves, fridges and toasters.
HOW DO I CONTROL COCKROACHES?
1. Store food in sealed containers.
2. Don’t leave food, crumbs or rubbish uncovered anywhere in the home.
3. Remove uneaten pet food.
4. Caulk and repair cracks and crevices
5. Screen all windows, vents and ducts.
6. Remove old boxes and papers.
7. Remove all rubbish from outside of buildings.
8. Fix leaky pipes and taps.
9. Wash up plates and cutlery as soon as possible.
10. Employ the services of a professional pest controller.
For further advise on the Gold Coast and Northern NSW call or email Xtramile Carpet and Pest Management.